- Don’t put the Stockinette st pieces on the edges (good thing slip stitch comes undone easily)
- Remind people to cast on and bind off loosely if knitting
- Place the deadline 3 weeks before your intended mailing date because some people are going to forget to mail their things out and cut things close.
- 8″ x 8″ is common and totally fine.
Hello Crocheters and Knitters!
I don’t know if you read Debbie Macomber books, but I do. She’s written many books that have touched the hearts of many readers. Sadly, she lost a son this summer.
The idea came to me, while reading Ravelry, to get a group blanket going – a virtual hug, if you will. If you’re interested, here are the details:
- May be knit or crocheted
- Machine-washable yarn preferred
- 5″ x 5″ (or about 2.7 cm x 2.7 cm) squares
- Please mail out by October 8, 2011 (leave a comment on this post for the address – they are moderated, so I won’t make your message or contact info public)
- Pattern is up to you! 🙂
The goal is to get the blanket assembled and mailed by Debbie’s birthday, which is in late October.
Thank you for reading, and please, spread the word!
If you have a Yahoo account, do not join anything advertising Grouply. It is a phishing scam. It is an e-mail and password hi-jacker for spamming. Basically it will take your account e-mail and password to gather the info of other members of your yahoo group(s) and and spam them. Yahoo is aware of this and will refuse any new accounts using Grouply.
One major problem with grouply is that is makes members only posts publicly available when they should not be–prior to moderator approval of that member. This means e-mail addresses and info written in a group that should be members only suddenly become public–try it searching. You will find you can suddenly read a bunch of posts that you shouldn’t be able to. This how spam gets spread–bots snap up info publicly available.
More knittery Xmas gifts!
A Snapware storage container (methinks it’s the small square one…), which now holds yarn from my ball winder because it’s a great size and had adjustable compartamentalizing boards. 🙂