Knitting is my procrastination tool











{September 29, 2007}   1 Q done

Well, 1/2 an FO, I suppose, if you count socks as a pair.

I used the universal toe-up pattern by Wendy Johnson to modify Q. So only the top of the toe has red. I had to frog back once because I had guessed at which size would work for me & it was too big. Using the provisional or loop cast on from knittinghelp.com (scroll down), this project went really fast. 😀

I also modified to get rid of the margin column, so from the ankle, I inc’d to a multiple of 8 (st. pattern). My starting point was actually on the left side of the sock (I used magic loop on 1 circ). It’s actually not so easy to tell where the jogging is. 🙂

I worked the calf decrease chart upside down & just inc’sdas indicated. Worked out nicely. I also didn’t do the third leg repeat because I was afraid of running out of yarn for the 2nd sock (which will be in the reverse colors).

It just happened to work out that the dyelot change was right before the beginning of the charted pattern. If it had been anywhere else, it would have been a much more obvious color difference.

I know, very Christmassy. It was what I had on hand. 🙂

Advertisements


sockpr0n says:

Hey, they’re going to be awesome!! I love the way your heel looks.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

et cetera
%d bloggers like this: